Savor this thick and hearty classic New England breakfast treat!
Prep: 10 minutes • Cook: 15 minutes
- ¼ cup Our Family sliced almonds
- 4 cups water
- ⅛ teaspoon Our Family salt
- 1¾ cups Our Family old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup oat bran or oat bran hot cereal
- ⅓ cup strawberry or red raspberry syrup
- 1 teaspoon Our Family ground cinnamon
- In small skillet, cook almonds over medium heat 6 to 8 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring frequently.
- Meanwhile, in 2 to 3 quart saucepan, heat water, and salt to boiling over medium-high heat. Stir in oats, cranberries and oat bran. Reduce heat to low; cook 10 minutes or until mixture is creamy, stirring occasionally. Stir in almonds, syrup, and cinnamon, and cook 2 minutes.
Approximate nutritional values per serving:
385 Calories, 7g Fat (1g Saturated), 0mg Cholesterol, 74mg Sodium, 76g Carbohydrates, 9g Fiber, 9g Protein