A yummy, warm pasta for a cold winter day!
Creamy Tomato Turkey Rotini
Prep: 5 minutes
Cook: 15 minutes
- 1 box (12 ounces) Our Family rotini pasta
- 1 teaspoon Our Family extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1⁄4 pounds Open Acres ground turkey
- 2 jars (16 ounces each) Our Family pasta sauce
- 1⁄2 cup Our Family rinsed and drained garbanzo beans
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Our Family red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Our Family kosher salt
- 1⁄2 cup loosely packed chopped fresh basil leaves plus additional leaves for garnish (optional)
- 3 cup grated or shredded Parmesan cheese plus additional for garnish (optional)
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup half and half
1. Heat large covered saucepot of salted water to boiling over high heat. Add pasta and cook as label directs. Drain pasta, then return to saucepot.
2. In large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add turkey and cook 5 minutes or until browned, stirring frequently. Stir in pasta sauce, beans, red pepper flakes and salt. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook 5 minutes.
3. Reduce heat to low. Stir in basil, cheese and vinegar, and cook 1 minute or until cheese is melted, stirring constantly. Stir in half and half, and cook 1 minute or until heated through. Add sauce mixture to pasta and toss to combine. Serve pasta garnished with basil.
Approximate nutritional values per serving: 471 Calories, 16g Fat (5g Saturated), 74mg Cholesterol, 671mg Sodium, 57g Carbohydrates, 8g Fiber, 27g Protein