It doesn’t get better than this classic sugar cookie. Plus our secret ingredient (it’s almond extract, shhh!) brings the cookie to a whole new level!
Crumbly Soft Sugar Cookies
Prep: 20 minutes plus cooling
Bake: 9 minutes
- 2 1/2 cups Our Family® Powdered Sugar
- 1 1/2 cups Our Family® Unsalted Butter (3 sticks), softened
- 1 Our Family® Grade A Large Egg
- 1 tsp. Our Family® Almond Extract
- 1 tsp. Our Family® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups Our Family® All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp. Our Family® Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Our Family® Salt
- 1 tbsp. Our Family® Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1/8 tsp. pink gel food coloring
- Preheat oven to 350°; line 2 rimmed baking pans with parchment paper. In large bowl, with mixer on medium speed, beat 1/2 cup sugar and 1 cup butter 3 minutes or until light and fluffy, scraping down bowl occasionally. Add egg, 1/2 teaspoon almond extract and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract; beat 2 minutes or until incorporated, scraping down bowl occasionally. Add flour, baking powder and salt; beat 1 minute or until just incorporated. Makes about 2 cups.
- Using 2 large spoons, drop 1/4 cup cookie mixture 4 inches apart on prepared pans. Using hands, flatten each mound to about 1/3-inch thick. Bake cookies 9 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned; cool on pan 5 minutes, then transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
- In large bowl, with mixer on medium speed, beat remaining 2 cups sugar, 1/2 cup butter, and 1/2 teaspoon each almond extract and vanilla extract 3 minutes or until light and fluffy, scraping down bowl occasionally. With mixer running, slowly add cream and food coloring; beat 2 minutes or until incorporated. Increase speed to high; beat 5 minutes or until light and fluffy. Makes about 1 1/4 cups.
- Spread cooled cookies with frosting. Makes 8 cookies.
Approximate nutritional values per serving (1 cookie): 586 Calories, 36g Fat, 22g Saturated Fat, 117mg Cholesterol, 221mg Sodium, 62g Carbohydrates, 1g Fiber, 37g Sugars, 37g Added Sugars, 4g Protein