https://www.ourfamilyfoods.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/08/SN_Dried_Cherry-Pistachio_Biscotti-44-scaled-e1662069664345.jpg 1977 1977 Lauren DeVries https://www.ourfamilyfoods.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/OF_LOGO_340X156-01-300x138.png Lauren DeVries2022-08-30 18:30:582022-09-15 14:16:02Dried Cherry-Pistachio Biscotti
Prep: 30 minutes
Serve with a cup of your favorite coffee or tea for a delicious snack!
Dried Cherry-Pistachio Biscotti
Prep: 30 minutes
Bake: 45 minutes
- Our Family® Nonstick Cooking Spray
- 3 large Our Family® Eggs
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tbsp. Our Family® Unsalted Butter, melted
- 1 cup Our Family® Granulated Sugar
- 1 tsp. Our Family® Vanilla Extract
- 2 1/2 cups Our Family® All-Purpose Flour plus additional for dusting
- 2 1/4 tsp. Our Family® Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp. Our Family® Salt
- 3/4 cup Our Family® Pistachios, shelled
- 3/4 cup sweetened dried cherries
- Adjust 2 oven racks to upper and lower positions. Preheat oven to 350°; spray 2 large cookie sheets with cooking spray. In large bowl, whisk eggs, butter, sugar and vanilla extract until smooth. In medium bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt. Stir flour mixture, pistachios and cherries into egg mixture until dough forms.
- Divide dough in half. On 1 cookie sheet, with floured hands, shape 1 piece of dough into 14 x 4-inch log (about 1/2 inch high); repeat with remaining piece of dough on second prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake logs 25 minutes or until golden and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, rotating cookie sheets between upper and lower racks halfway through baking. Cool logs on cookie sheets on wire racks 20 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 325°.
- Transfer 1 log at a time to cutting board. With serrated knife, cut log crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Place slices, cut side down, onto same cookie sheets; bake 20 minutes or until golden brown, rotating cookie sheets between upper and lower racks halfway through baking. Transfer biscotti to wire racks to cool completely; store in airtight containers at room temperature up to 3 weeks or freeze up to 3 months. Makes about 48 biscotti.
Approximate nutritional values per serving (1 biscotti): 82 Calories, 3g Fat, 1g Saturated Fat, 6mg Cholesterol, 21mg Sodium, 12g Carbohydrates, 1g Fiber, 6g Sugars, 4g Added Sugars, 1g Protein
Submit your review
Our Family Foods
Average rating: 0 reviews