It doesn’t get much easier, or more delicious than this – Apple sauce for everyone! Use a number of different types of apples for a variation on flavor.
Easy Crockpot Apple Sauce
Prep: 10 min
Cook: 3 hours
- 8 medium-to-large OR 12 small Our Family® Apples (use any combination of varieties – Fuji, Gala, Golden Delicious, Granny, Pink Lady)
- ¼ cup Our Family® Honey
- 1 tbsp. Our Family® Ground Cinnamon
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- ½ tsp. Our Family® Ground Nutmeg
- ¼ tsp. Our Family® Ground Ginger
- ¼ tsp. Our Family® Ground Cloves
- Core the apples and cut into chunks. You can leave the peels on or remove them if you prefer.
- Place apples in your crockpot and add the remaining ingredients
- Cover the crock pot and cook on LOW for 6 hours or on HIGH for 2 1/2 to 3 hours – until the apples completely break down.
- Stir occasionally while cooking.
- Use an immersion blender to blend sauce until smooth – OR a hand masher/whisk if you would like a thicker sauce.
- Add additional honey if you think it needs to be slightly sweetened.
- Let cool and enjoy!
Submit your review