Make your very own everything bagels with Our Family Everything Bagel Seasoning!
Everything Bagel Homemade Bagels
Prep: 3 hours
Cook: 20 minutes
- 1 1⁄4 cup water
- 4 1⁄2 cup bread flour
- 3 tbs. Our Family® White Sugar
- 1 tsp. Our Family® Salt
- 2 tbsp. Our Family® Vegetable Oil
- 1 tbsp. instant yeast
- 4 quarts water
- Our Family® Everything Bagel Seasoning
- Combine the 1.25 cup water, bread flour, Our Family White Sugar, Our Family Salt, Our Family Vegetable oil and yeast in a stand mixer’s mixing bowl. Mix on low speed using the dough hook for approximately 8 minutes.
- Transfer the dough to a bowl that has been lightly oiled, cover with plastic wrap and a kitchen towel, and let the dough rise for two hours.
- Punch the dough down, place it on a lightly floured work surface, and divide the dough into 6 pieces. With each piece of dough, roll into a sausage shape that is 6 inches in length. Connect the ends of the dough to form a circle. Let the bagels rest in this shape for up to 15 minutes.
- Bring 4 quarts of water to a boil in a large pot and boil the bagels until they rise to the surface of the pot. This should take approximately 1 minute per side of the bagel.
- Cover a small plate with Our Family Everything Bagel Seasoning Blend, remove the bagels with a slotted spoon and dip the tops of the wet bagels in the seasoning blend. Place the bagels on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Place the baking sheet, with bagels, into a 475oF oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool, then slice and enjoy!
Submit your review