A tasty twist on mac & cheese that’s sure to please!
Everything Bagel Mac and Cheese
Prep: 20 minutes
Cook: 35 minutes
- 1 package (16 oz.) Our Family® Penne Pasta
- 6 tbsp. Our Family® Unsalted Butter
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup shredded Our Family® Parmesan Cheese
- 1⁄4 cup Our Family® All-Purpose Flour
- 4 cups Our Family® Whole Milk
- 8 oz. Our Family® Shredded Mozzarella Cheese (about 2cups)
- 8 oz. Gruyère cheese, shredded (about 2 cups)
- 8 oz. Our Family® Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 tsp. Our Family® Salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. Our Family® Ground Black Pepper
- Our Family® Everything Bagel Seasoning Blend
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Heat large covered saucepot of salted water to boiling over high heat. Add pasta and cook as label directs; drain pasta.
- Meanwhile, in medium microwave-safe bowl, heat 2 tablespoons butter in microwave oven on high 45 seconds or until melted. Add breadcrumbs and Parmesan and stir until breadcrumbs are moistened.
- In large saucepot, melt remaining 4 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Whisk in flour and cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Stir in milk and heat to boiling over medium-high heat, whisking constantly until mixture is smooth and thickens. Remove saucepot from heat. Stir in cheeses, salt and pepper; fold in pasta until well coated with sauce.
- Pour pasta mixture into 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Sprinkle panko bread crumbs and Our Family Everything Bagel Seasoning Blend generously over the top of the pasta mixture. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until edges bubble.
Submit your review