Make your very own sushi, seasoned with Our Family’s Everything Bagel Seasoning!
Everything Bagel-Seasoned Sushi Rolls
Prep: 30 minutes plus standing
- 2 large Our Family® Eggs
- 2 1/2 cups warm cooked microwaveable sticky rice
- 2 tbsp. rice vinegar
- 2 tsp. Our Family® Granulated Sugar
- 2 1/2 tsp. Our Family® Everything Bagel Seasoning
- 2 sheets sushi nori, halved crosswise
- 1/4 (8 oz.) package Our Family® Cream Cheese, cut into 2 x 1/2-inch sticks
- 4 slices smoked salmon, halved lengthwise
- 1/4 English cucumber, peeled, halved lengthwise, seeded and cut into 2 1/2 x 1/4-inch sticks
- 2 tbsp. finely chopped red onion
- 1 tbsp. drained and rinsed capers
- Place eggs in small saucepot; add enough water to cover. Heat water to a boil over medium-high heat; immediately remove saucepot from heat, cover and let stand 15 minutes. Drain immediately, then place in small bowl filled with ice and cold water; let stand 10 minutes.
- Peel eggs; cut each egg in half lengthwise. Carefully remove yolks; press yolks through fine-mesh strainer. Reserve egg whites for another use.
- In medium bowl, toss rice, vinegar and sugar. Makes about 2 2/3 cups.
- Wrap bamboo sushi mat with plastic wrap. Sprinkle prepared sushi mat with 1/2 teaspoon seasoning; spread about 2/3 cup rice mixture into 7 1/2 x 4-inch rectangle over seasoning. Lay 1 piece nori over rice; gently brush top and bottom edges of nori with water. Place 1/4 of each cream cheese, salmon and cucumber horizontally down center of nori; starting from long end, use mat to tightly roll nori and rice mixture around fillings. Repeat with to make 3 more rolls. Makes 4 sushi rolls.
- Sprinkle rolls with onion, capers, yolks and remaining 1/2 teaspoon seasoning; cut each roll crosswise into 3/4-inch-thick slices.
Approximate nutritional values per serving (1 sushi roll): 300 Calories, 13g Fat, 7g Saturated Fat, 124mg Cholesterol, 419mg Sodium, 37g Carbohydrates, 1g Fiber, 4g Sugars, 2g Added Sugars, 8g Protein
Submit your review