Gather the family around the dinner table and enjoy this hearty lasagna tonight!
Prep: 25 minutes plus standing
Bake: 45 minutes
- 15 lasagna noodles
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 lb. Our Family® Mild Italian Sausage
- 2 medium Open Acres® Yellow Onions, diced
- 2 tbsp. chopped garlic
- 1 can (28 oz.) Our Family® Diced Tomatoes
- 1 jar (26 oz.) Our Family® Marinara Sauce
- 2 tbsp. Our Family® Italian Seasoning
- 2 tsp. Our Family® Salt
- 2 tsp. Our Family® Ground Black Pepper
- 2 lbs. Our Family® Whole Milk Ricotta Cheese
- 4 cups Our Family® Shredded Whole Milk Mozzarella Cheese
- 2 cups Our Family® Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- Our Family® Nonstick Cooking Spray
- Preheat oven to 350°. Heat large covered saucepot of salted water to boiling over high heat. Add noodles and cook as label directs; rinse noodles under cold water and drain.
- Meanwhile, heat large saucepot over medium-high heat. Add ground beef and sausage, and cook 8 to 10 minutes or until browned.
- Add onions and garlic, and cook 4 minutes or until onions are soft. Add tomatoes, marinara sauce, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Heat to simmering and cook 10 minutes. In large bowl, combine ricotta cheese, 3 cups mozzarella cheese and 1-3/4 cups Parmesan cheese.
- Spray 13 x 9-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Spread 2 cups sauce into bottom of baking dish. Place 3 noodles over sauce, top with 1/5 of the sauce. Repeat 4 more layers of noodles, cheese mixture and sauce; top with remaining 1 cup mozzarella cheese and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese.
- Cover with foil; bake 45 minutes. Remove from oven and let stand 20 minutes before cutting.
Approximate nutritional values per serving: 667 Calories, 41g Fat (21g Saturated), 127mg Cholesterol, 1239mg Sodium, 37g Carbohydrates, 3g Fiber, 39g Protein
Submit your review