The whole family will enjoy this 20 minute main dish!
Flank Steak Saté with Peanut Dipping Sauce
Prep: 15 minutes plus standing and marinating
Grill: 4 minutes
- 18 (6-inch) bamboo skewers
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 1⁄4 cups unsweetened coconut milk
- 1⁄2 cup Our Family packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 1⁄2 pounds flank steak, sliced diagonally across the grain into 1⁄4-inch-thick slices
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced (about 1⁄4 cup)
- 3⁄4 cup Our Family smooth peanut butter
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons Our Family less-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Our Family crushed red pepper flakes
- In wide, shallow dish, cover skewers with water and let stand 30 minutes. Meanwhile, in blender or food processor with knife blade attached, purée garlic, 3⁄4 cup coconut milk, brown sugar, lime juice, fish sauce, ginger and turmeric.
- Thread beef onto skewers; place in medium, deep bowl. Pour 1⁄2 cup coconut milk mixture over beef skewers and rotate to coat evenly. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- In small saucepot, heat onions, peanut butter, soy sauce, red pepper flakes, remaining 1⁄2 cup coconut milk and remaining coconut milk mixture over low heat until mixture simmers, stirring occasionally with whisk. Cook 2 minutes; remove saucepot from heat and keep warm. Makes about 13⁄4 cups sauce.
- Prepare outdoor grill for direct grilling over medium-high heat. Remove beef from marinade; discard marinade. Place skewers on hot grill rack and cook 4 to 5 minutes or until cooked through, turning once. Serve beef saté with peanut sauce for dipping.
Approximate nutritional values per serving: 531 Calories, 37g Fat (18g Saturated), 44mg Cholesterol, 374mg Sodium, 28g Carbohydrates, 3g Fiber, 26g Protein