- 1 Small Yellow Pepper
- 1 Medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 Tablespoon Our Family Olive Oil
- 1 16-inch Open Acres French Bread (about 1½ pounds)
- ½ cup Our Family Mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Our Family Dijon Mustard
- 1 Cup Arugula Leaves
- 2 heirloom tomatoes, sliced, slices halved
- 1-1/2 Cup Shredded Fontina Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Thin Red Onion Slivers
1. Preheat broiler to high and place yellow pepper on broiler pan 4 inches from heat source; broil, turning as skin chars until pepper is charred and soft.
2. Place pepper in a small paper bag to cool while reducing oven to 400.
3. Sauté zucchini slices in oil in a skillet over medium heat until lightly browned on both sides. Remove skin and seeds from pepper, cut into strips.
4. Cut bread into 4-inch pieces; slice each piece in half. Arrange bread pieces, cut side up, on a baking sheet.
5. Combine mayonnaise and mustard, spread over cut surfaces of bread. Layer arugula, zucchini slices, tomato slices, pepper strips and cheese evenly over mayonnaise.
6. Bake 7-8 minutes or until cheese is melted and sandwich is heated through.
7.Top with red onion slivers and serve.
Approximate nutritional values per total servings: 354 Calories, 26.6g Fat (9.8g Saturated), 55mg Cholesterol, 635mg Sodium, 18.5g Carbohydrates, 2.6g Fiber, 6.8g Sugars, 13.1g Protein, 266mg Calcium, 498mg Potassium