A potato-lover’s dream!
Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 25 minutes
- 2 lbs. Open Acres® Yukon Gold Potatoes, skin on, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup Our Family® Butter (1 stick)
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup Our Family® Sour Cream
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. Our Family® Salt
- 3⁄4 tsp. Our Family® Ground Black Pepper
- Optional: Parsley for garnish
1. Heat large covered saucepot of salted water and potatoes to boiling over high heat. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, 15 minutes or just until potatoes are tender.
2. Meanwhile, in small skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add garlic and cook 2 minutes, being careful not to let garlic brown.
3. Drain potatoes; place in large bowl and immediately add butter mixture, sour cream, salt and pepper.
4. With mixer at medium-high speed, mix potatoes 2 to 3 minutes or until there are no lumps; do not over mix.
Approximate nutritional values per serving: 487 Calories, 32g Fat (20g Saturated), 81mg Cholesterol, 1070mg Sodium, 43g Carbohydrates, 3g Fiber, 7g Protein
Chef’s Tip: Once potatoes are cooked, it is very important to make the mashed potatoes immediately. If the potatoes are allowed to cool, the finished mashed potatoes will be lumpy.
Submit your review