This gourmet mac & cheese is a fresh, flavorful and elegant twist on a comfort food classic!
Gourmet White Mac & Cheese
Prep: 25 minutes
Bake: 30 minutes
- 1 package (16 oz.) Our Family® Penne Pasta
- 6 tbsp. Our Family® Unsalted Butter
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup Our Family® Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- ¼ cup Our Family® All-Purpose Flour
- 4 cups Our Family® Whole Milk
- 8 oz. fontina cheese, shredded (about 2 cups)
- 8 oz. Gruyère cheese, shredded (about 2 cups)
- 8 oz. sharp white cheddar cheese, shredded (about 2 cups)
- 1 tsp. Our Family® Salt
- ¼ tsp. Our Family® Ground Black Pepper
- 4 large Roma tomatoes, each cut into ¼-inch-thick slices
- Preheat oven to 375°. Heat large covered saucepot of salted water to boiling over high heat. Add pasta and cook as label directs; drain pasta.
- Meanwhile, in medium microwave-safe bowl, heat 2 tablespoons butter in microwave oven on high 45 seconds or until melted. Add breadcrumbs and Parmesan, and stir until breadcrumbs are moistened.
- In large saucepot, melt remaining 4 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Whisk in flour and cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Stir in milk and heat to boiling over medium-high heat, whisking constantly until mixture is smooth and thickens. Remove saucepot from heat. Stir in cheeses, salt and pepper; fold in pasta until well coated with sauce.
- Pour pasta mixture into 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Arrange tomatoes in single layer over pasta; sprinkle breadcrumb mixture over tomatoes. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until edges bubble and top is browned.
Approximate nutritional values per serving: 510 Calories, 28g Fat (17g Saturated), 90mg Cholesterol, 602mg Sodium, 40g Carbohydrates, 25g Protein
Submit your review