Perfect easy, fun meal for any on-the-go family!
Greek Chicken Pitas with Dill-Feta Sauce
Prep: 15 minutes plus standing and chilling
Cook: 15 minutes
- 1 pound Open Acres boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Our Family nonstick cooking spray
- 1⁄2 cup Our Family granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups loosely packed baby spinach
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1⁄2 medium Open Acres red onion, thinly sliced
- 3⁄4 cup rinsed and drained garbanzo beans
- 1⁄2 cup drained and diced canned beets
- 1⁄2 cup drained sliced Our Family black olives
- 2 whole wheat pitas, each cut in half
- 1 container (6 ounces) Our Family low fat plain yogurt(3⁄4 cup)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons crumbled Our Family feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
1. Prepare Chicken Pitas: Spray chicken breasts with nonstick cooking spray. In grill pan or large nonstick skillet, cook chicken over medium heat 15 to18 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165°, turning once and pressing down occasionally with large spatula. Remove chicken from pan. Cool chicken 5 minutes and slice.
2. Meanwhile, prepare Dill-Feta Sauce: In small bowl, with rubber spatula, fold together all ingredients. With whisk, stir sauce until well combined. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
3. To assemble pitas, evenly divide spinach, chicken and remaining ingredients into each pita half. Serve with Dill-Feta Sauce.