The perfect side dish for your Easter dinner!
Green Beans with Caramelized Shallots & Almonds
Prep: 15 minutes • Cook: 30 minutes
- 2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- ⅔ cup Our Family sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons Our Family butter
- 3 large shallots, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 cup drained, seeded and diced roasted red peppers
- 2 teaspoons red or white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Our Family salt
- ¼ teaspoon Our Family ground black pepper
- Heat large covered saucepot of salted water to boiling over high heat. Add green beans and cook 2 minutes. With tongs, immediately transfer green beans to large bowl filled with ice water. Once cooled, drain green beans.
- In large skillet, toast almonds over medium heat 13 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring occasionally. Meanwhile, in large saucepot, melt butter over low heat. Add shallots and cook, partially covered, 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown and tender, stirring occasionally.
- Increase heat to medium-high. Stir in green beans and red peppers. Cover and cook 4 to 6 minutes or until beans are tender-crisp and heated through, stirring occasionally. Remove saucepot from heat; toss with almonds, vinegar, salt and pepper.
Approximate nutritional values per serving:
155 Calories, 9g Fat (2g Saturated), 8mg Cholesterol, 181mg Sodium, 16g Carbohydrates, 5g Fiber, 5g Protein