For all of you Parmesan and garlic lovers our there, this one is for you.
Green Beans with Parmesan-Garlic Crumbs
Prep: 15 minutes plus cooling
Cook: 13 minutes
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 1⁄2 cups packed cubed French baguette (about 5 ounces)
- 5 tablespoons Our Family unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 3⁄4 teaspoon Our Family salt
- 2 1⁄2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon Our family Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Our Family ground black pepper
- Heat large covered saucepot of salted water to boiling over high heat. In food processor with knife blade attached, pulse garlic until chopped. Add bread and process 15 seconds or just until coarse crumbs form. In large skillet, melt 21⁄2 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Add breadcrumb mixture and cook 12 to 14 minutes or until crisp and golden brown, stirring frequently. Remove skillet from heat and cool 5 minutes; stir in cheese and 1⁄4 teaspoon salt.
- Meanwhile, add green beans to boiling salted water and return water to boiling. Reduce heat to medium and cook 5 minutes or until crisp- tender; drain beans.
- In same saucepot, melt remaining 21⁄2 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Stir in mustard, lemon juice, remaining 1⁄2 teaspoon salt and pepper. Add green beans and toss to coat. Add breadcrumb mixture and toss until well combined.
Chef Tips Breadcrumb mixture can be prepared and stored in zip-top plastic bag up to 2 days in advance. Green beans can be trimmed and stored in zip-top plastic bag up to 1 day in advance.
Approximate nutritional values per serving: 128 Calories, 7g Fat (4g Saturated), 16mg Cholesterol, 297mg Sodium, 15g Carbohydrates, 4g Fiber, 4g Protein