Tired of grilling the same old same old? Make your next cookout a memorable one with this flavorful salad!
Grilled Citrus Spiced Steak Kabob Salad
Prep: 35 minutes plus marinating
Grill: 10 minutes
- 2 garlic cloves
- ½ habañero chile pepper, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 4 green onions, coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup Our Family lemon juice
- ¼ cup Our Family orange juice
- ½ teaspoon orange zest
- 1 teaspoon Our Family salt
- ⅛ teaspoon Our Family ground pepper
- ¼ teaspoon Our Family Dijon mustard
- ½ cup Our Family extra virgin olive oil plus additional for grill
- 1¼ pounds beef loin sirloin steaks, cut into 1-½-inch pieces
- 8 (10-inch) wooden or stainless steel skewers
- 3 small portobello mushrooms, each cut into ¾-inch slices
- 2 medium red onions, each cut into 8 wedges
- 2 red and/or orange bell peppers, each cut into 1½-inch pieces
- 1 medium zucchini, cut crosswise into ¾-inch-thick slices
- 1 bag (10 ounces) chopped hearts of romaine lettuce
- 1 pint red grape tomatoes, each cut lengthwise in half
- Prepare Marinade: In blender or food processor with knife blade attached, pulse all ingredients, except ¼ teaspoon salt and oil, until garlic, and chile pepper are chopped. With blender or processor running, drizzle in oil and process until well combined.
- Prepare Kabobs: Place beef in large zip-top plastic bag. Pour ½ cup marinade over beef. Seal bag and refrigerate 2 to 6 hours to marinate. Refrigerate remaining marinade.
- If using wooden skewers, soak in water 10 minutes. Prepare outdoor grill for direct grilling over medium-high heat. In large bowl, toss mushrooms, onions, bell peppers and zucchini with ¼ cup remaining marinade. Remove beef from marinade; discard marinade. Alternately thread beef and vegetables onto skewers; sprinkle with remaining ¼ teaspoon salt.
- Lightly oil hot grill rack. Place kabobs on hot grill rack, cover grill and cook 8 to 10 minutes or until internal temperature of beef reaches 145° for medium-rare (10 to 12 minutes or 160° for medium; 12 to 14 minutes or 170° for well-done), rotating kabobs every 2 to 3 minutes. Serve kabobs over lettuce and tomatoes. Drizzle with remaining marinade.
Approximate nutritional values per serving:
785 Calories, 51g Fat (16g Saturated), 235mg Cholesterol, 1737mg Sodium, 32g Carbohydrates, 51g Protein