So fresh tasting and yummy, it’ll become a dinner staple!
Grilled Corn, Cucumber and Arugula Pasta Salad with Scallion Pesto
Prep: 25 minutes plus standing
Cook/Grill: 20 minutes
- 1⁄2 (16-oz.) package farfalle or Our Family® Penne Pasta
- 3 cup Our Family® Pine Nuts (about 1 1⁄2 oz.)
- 3 ears fresh corn, husks and silks removed
- 9 green onions, coarsely chopped (about 1 1⁄2 cups)
- 3 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup Our Family® Grated Parmesan Cheese (about 1 1⁄2 oz.)
- 3 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. lemon zest
- 1⁄4 tsp. Our Family® Salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. Our Family® Ground Black Pepper
- 1⁄2 cup Our Family® Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1⁄2 (5-oz.) package baby arugula (about 3 cups lightly packed)
- 1 small English cucumber, cut lengthwise into quarters, then crosswise into 1⁄2-inch pieces (about 2 1⁄2 cups)
- Prepare outdoor grill for direct grilling over medium heat. Heat large covered saucepot of salted water to boiling over high heat. Add pasta and cook as label directs; drain. Rinse pasta under cold water and drain.
- Meanwhile, in small skillet, toast pine nuts over medium-low heat 3 to 4 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring frequently. Transfer to plate to cool completely.
- Place corn on hot grill rack and cook 8 to 10 minutes or until tender and golden brown, turning frequently. Transfer corn to plate; let stand 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in food processor with knife blade attached, pulse onions, garlic, cheese, lemon juice and zest, salt, pepper and pine nuts until finely chopped, occasionally scraping side of bowl with rubber spatula. Slowly add oil through feed tube and blend until pesto is thick and emulsified. Makes about 11⁄2 cups.
- Cut corn from cobs; place in large bowl. Add pasta and pesto and toss until well blended; fold in arugula and cucumber. Makes about 8 cups.
Approximate nutritional values per serving: 258 Calories, 15g Fat (3g Saturated), 3mg Cholesterol, 131mg Sodium, 26g Carbohydrates, 2g Fiber, 7g Protein
Chef’s Tip: If desired, prepare steps 1 through 4 up to 1 day in advance; toss salad ingredients with pesto as directed in step 5 just before serving.
Submit your review