An easy, cheesy, eggcelent breakast solution!
Grilled Eggs in a Basket Sandwich
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 5 minutes
- 8 slices Our Family® Artisan White Bread
- ½ cup Our Family® Unsalted Butter, softened
- 1 tbsp. Our Family® Dijon Mustard
- 8 slices Our Family® American Singles or Mild Cheddar Cheese
- 8 thin slices deli ham
- 4 Our Family® Large Eggs
- ¼ tsp. Our Family® Salt
- ¼ tsp. Our Family® Ground Black Pepper
1. Using a 3-inch round cutter or glass, cut circle from center of 4 bread slices; reserve circles for another use. In small bowl, stir ¼ cup butter and mustard; spread on 1 side of all bread slices.
2. On cutting board, stack 1 slice cheese, 2 slices ham and 1 slice cheese; repeat with remaining cheese and ham slices to make 3 more stacks. Crack eggs into 4 small bowls.
3. On griddle, melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium-high heat. Place bread with circles, butter side up, on griddle; cook 1 minute or until lightly browned; reduce heat to medium. Add eggs to circles, and sprinkle with salt and pepper; cook 2 minutes or until bottoms of eggs are set. Add remaining 2 tablespoons butter to griddle; once melted, turn bread. Top bread with cheese stacks and remaining 4 bread slices, butter side up; cook 1 minute or until egg whites are set. Turn sandwiches; increase heat to medium-high and cook 1 minute or until bottoms are golden brown.
Approximate nutritional values per serving (1 sandwich): 588 Calories, 42g Fat (23g Saturated), 286mg Cholesterol, 1227mg Sodium, 25g Carbohydrates, 1g Fiber, 6g Sugars, 22g Protein
Chef Tip: Sandwiches can also be cooked in batches in a skillet. You can use bread circles to make French toast, breadcrumbs, croutons or mini crustless sandwiches.
Submit your review