Grilled Orange Ginger SalmonPrep: 4.5 hours Cook: 90 minutes Serves: 1
- 1 Open Acres® Salmon Fillet
- 4 Cups Our Family® Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Our Family® Salt
- 1.5 Tsp. Our Family® Cayenne Pepper
- 2 Open Acres® , Navel Oranges, Sliced Round
- 1/2 Cup Our Family® Soy Sauce
- 3 Tbsp. Our Family® Honey
- 1 Tbsp. Minced Garlic
1. Mix brown sugar, salt, and cayenne pepper.
2. Cover the salmon fillet completely with the brown sugar mixture in a baking dish and refrigerate for 4.5 hours.
3. After the four hours, rinse the fish and pat it dry. Set grill to 225F.
4. Create a long foil “Boat” by folding up the sides of the foil. Then place a thin layer of orange slices inside the boat, and top them with the salmon filet.
5. Smoke for 90 minutes (or until internal temperature is 145F).
6. For the last 30 minutes of smoking time, brush fish down with glaze every ten minutes.
7. Combine all glaze ingredients and bring to a simmer. Remove salmon from boat, pour leftover glaze on top, and pair with your preferred sides! Enjoy!