It’s okay to change up a classic, we here it is!
Grilled Southwest Chicken Caesar Salad
Prep: 35 minutes
Grill: 10 minutes
Grilled Chicken & Corn
- 4 Open Acres® Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts (about 1 1⁄2 lbs.)
- Our Family® Nonstick Cooking Spray
- Our Family® Kosher Salt and Our Family® Ground Black Pepper, to taste
- 1 ear fresh corn, husk and silk removed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 cup Our Family® Light Mayonnaise
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. chopped chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (canned)
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 tsp. chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1⁄2 tsp. Our Family® Dijon Mustard
- 1⁄4 tsp. adobo sauce (from chipotle peppers)
- 1 bag (10 oz.) chopped hearts of romaine>
- 1 cup rinsed and drained Our Family® Black Beans
- 1⁄4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup shredded Parmesan, Romano and/or Asiago cheese
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground black pepper crispy tortilla strips (optional)*
1. Prepare Grilled Chicken & Corn: Prepare outdoor grill for direct grilling over medium heat. Spray both sides of chicken with nonstick cooking spray; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place chicken and corn on hot grill rack. Cook chicken 10 to 12 minutes or until chicken loses its pink color throughout and internal temperature reaches 165°, turning once. Cook corn 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown, turning frequently. Remove chicken and corn from grill. Refrigerate chicken and corn until ready to serve.
2. Prepare Dressing: In small bowl, whisk together all ingredients. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
3. Prepare Salad: Cut corn from cob and slice chicken. Distribute romaine, corn, beans, bell pepper, cheese and chicken over 4 serving plates. Drizzle with dressing, sprinkle with black pepper and top with tortilla strips, if desired.
Approximate nutritional values per serving: 334 Calories, 10g Fat (2g Saturated), 94mg Cholesterol, 623mg Sodium, 21g Carbohydrates, 5g Fiber, 39g Protein
Chef’s Tip: *Crispy tortilla strips make a perfect crunchy topping. To prepare, brush both sides of flour tortillas with vegetable oil. Using a large knife or pizza wheel, halve tortillas, stack, and cut crosswise into 8-inch-wide strips. Place strips in a single layer on rimmed baking pan and sprinkle with salt. Bake at 350° for about 10 minutes or until strips are crisp and lightly browned, tossing occasionally.
If you can’t find chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, substitute 2 teaspoons dried chipotle peppers that have been softened in water and chopped. Eliminate the adobo sauce.
Submit your review