Tasty grilled peppers filled with quinoa, black beans, spinach and more!
Grilled Stuffed Peppers
Prep: 20 minutes
Grill: 20 minutes
- 4 large red bell peppers
- 1⁄2 cup quinoa
- 2 tbsp. Our Family® Mild Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1 can (10 oz.) diced tomatoes and green chiles
- 3⁄4 cup drained and rinsed Black Beans
- 1⁄3 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 3 cups packed baby spinach
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 2 1⁄2 tbsp. shredded Our Family® Mexican Blend Cheese
- chopped fresh chives for garnish (optional)
- Prepare outdoor grill for direct grilling over medium-high heat. Slice 1/2-inch from the top of bell peppers; remove seeds and inner membranes.
- Prepare quinoa as label directs; stir in seasoning.
- In large skillet, heat tomatoes and chilies with their juice, beans and corn to a simmer over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally. Stir in spinach; cook 3 minutes or until spinach is wilted, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; stir in salt and quinoa mixture.
- Fill peppers with quinoa mixture; sprinkle with cheese. Place peppers, cheese side up, on hot grill rack; cover and cook 5 minutes or until grill marks appear. Turn off 1 side of grill; place peppers over unlit side of grill, cover and cook 15 minutes or until heated through and cheese melts.
- Serve peppers sprinkled with chives, if desired.
Approximate nutritional values per serving (1 pepper): 219 Calories, 3g Fat, 1g Saturated Fat, 5mg Cholesterol, 687mg Sodium, 39g Carbohydrates, 9g Fiber, 9g Sugars, 0g Added Sugars, 10g Protein
Submit your review