For your fall season BBQ!
Grilled Vegetable Packets
Prep: 20 minutes
Grill: 18 minutes
- 1⁄4 cup Our Family balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup Our Family olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed with press
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Our Family salt
- 1 teaspoon Our Family fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Our Family ground cayenne pepper
- Our Family Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 packages (3.5 ounces each) Open Acres fresh shiitake mushrooms, stems removed (about 4 cups)
- 1 container (1 pint) grape tomatoes
- 16 asparagus spears, bottoms trimmed and each cut crosswise in half (from 1 bunch)
- 4 medium red and/or yellow bell peppers, each cut into eighths
- 1 medium Open Acres red onion, cut into quarters
- 1 baby eggplant, sliced lengthwise into quarters, then sliced crosswise into 1⁄4-inch-thick pieces (about 2 cups)
1. Prepare outdoor grill for direct grilling over medium-high heat. In small bowl, whisk together vinegar and oil; stir in garlic, basil, thyme, salt, black pepper and cayenne pepper (or place ingredients into cruet and shake). In large bowl, toss vegetables and vinegar mixture.
2. Cut two 18 x 24-inch sheets of heavy-duty aluminum foil and place on work surface; spray foil with nonstick cooking spray. Place half of vegetable mixture in center of each piece of foil. For each packet, bring top and bottom sides of foil up and together over center of vegetables, and fold down twice to make a double fold over vegetables. Double fold both open ends of foil packet toward vegetables.
3. Place packets on hot grill rack. Cover grill and cook 18 minutes. Carefully remove vegetable packets from grill. To serve, carefully open 1 end of packets to let steam escape, then pour vegetables into large serving bowl.
Chef Tips Other vegetables that also work well in foil packets are broccoli, portobello mushrooms, cauliflower, zucchini and halved new potatoes.
To prepare vegetable packets in the oven, preheat oven to 450°, place packets on rimmed baking pan and roast 20 to 25 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Approximate nutritional values per serving: 117 Calories, 7g Fat (1g Saturated), 0mg Cholesterol, 137mg Sodium, 14g Carbohydrates, 4g Fiber, 2g Protein