A perfect dessert for a holiday meal – Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for a real treat!
Harvest Cake with Skillet Apples
- 1 cup Our Family® All Purpose Flour
- ¼ tsp. Our Family® Baking Soda
- 1 tsp. Our Family® Baking Powder
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ tsp. Our Family® Salt
- ¾ cup Our Family® Sugar
- ¼ cup Our Family® Brown Sugar
- 2 Our Family® Eggs
- ¾ cup Our Family® Canned Pumpkin
- ¼ cup Our Family® Canola Oil
- ½ cup Our Family® Carrot, finely shredded
- 1/3 cup Our Family® Buttermilk
- ¾ cup Our Family® Walnuts, toasted and chopped
- Our Family® Powdered Sugar, for dusting
- 4 Our Family® Granny Smith apples (peeled, cored and sliced)
- 3 tbsp. Our Family® Butter
- 2 tbsp. Our Family® Granulated Sugar
- ½ cup fresh cranberries or 1 cup Our Family® Dried Cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease and flour an 8x8x2 inch square pan or 9×1 ½ inch round cake pan.
- In medium bowl combine flour, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and salt; set aside. Next, in a large mixing bowl combine sugars, pumpkin, eggs, and oil. Stir in carrots and buttermilk. Gradually beat in flour mixture, stir in walnuts. Pour into prepared baking pan. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted into center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack for 15 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely.
- Place cake on serving platter and dust with powdered sugar. Just before serving spoon on warm Skillet Apples. Top each serving with a scoop of vanilla ice cream if desired!
- In large skillet melt butter, stir in sugar. Add sliced apples and cranberries. Cook gently stirring occasionally, until apples are just tender (4 to 8 minutes). Remove from heat and let stand for 10 minutes.
Submit your review