A new type of pizza you’ll absolutely love!
Harvest Vegetable French Bread Pizza
Prep: 15 minutes
Bake: 15 minutes
- 1⁄4 cup Our Family extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 medium Roma tomatoes, each cut crosswise into 1⁄4-inch-thick slices
- 1 small zucchini, cut diagonally into 8-inch-thick slices
- 6 thin asparagus spears, each cut into 1 1⁄2-inch pieces
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Our Family crushed oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Our Family salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Our Family ground black pepper
- 2/3 cup sliced roasted red peppers
- 1 package (4 ounces) plain chèvre (goat cheese), crumbled
- 1 cup Our Family shredded low moisture part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 400°. Place bread, cut side up, on rimmed baking pan. Bake bread 5 to 7 minutes or until toasted.
- Meanwhile, in small nonstick skillet, heat oil over low heat. Add garlic and cook 1 minute, stirring constantly and being careful not to let garlic brown; remove skillet from heat. Brush bread with half of the garlic oil.
- Arrange tomatoes on bread. Brush tomatoes with remaining garlic oil. Layer zucchini and asparagus over tomatoes and sprinkle with oregano, salt and pepper. Top with red peppers and cheeses. Bake pizzas 10 to 12 minutes or until cheese melts and top is lightly browned. To serve, cut each pizza crosswise in half and sprinkle with basil.
Approximate nutritional values per serving: 567 Calories, 26g Fat (9g Saturated), 25mg Cholesterol, 1060mg Sodium, 66g Carbohydrates, 5g Fiber, 22g Protein