Easy and yummy? Count us in!
Harvest Wild Rice
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 50 minutes
- 3 cups Open Acres wild rice blend
- Less-sodium chicken broth (48 to 72 ounces)
- 4 medium Bosc pears and/or Open Acres Fuji, Golden Delicious or Granny Smith apples, cored and diced
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 6 medium leeks, each cut lengthwise in half, then cut crosswise into 1⁄2-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon Our Family extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups slivered almonds
- 1 3⁄4 cups sweetened dried cranberries
- 2 teaspoons dried sage
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
1. In large saucepot, prepare rice with broth as label directs, adding pears and lemon zest during last 10 minutes of cooking.
2. Meanwhile, in large nonstick skillet, cook leeks in oil over medium heat 5 minutes or until soft. Stir in almonds, cranberries, sage and salt, and cook 1 minute. Fold leek mixture into rice.
Approximate nutritional values per serving: 419 Calories, 15g Fat (1g Saturated), 0mg Cholesterol, 554mg Sodium, 64g Carbohydrates, 8g Fiber, 13g Protein