This appetizing dish will make breakfast not only the most important meal of the day but also the most delicious!
Hash Brown & Egg Bake
Prep: 35 minutes plus standing
Bake: 45 minutes
- Our Family nonstick cooking spray
- 4 slices hickory smoked bacon
- ½ medium Open Acres red onion, sliced
- 6 Open Acres white mushrooms, sliced
- ½ red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) Our Family diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 package (10 ounces) Our Family frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1-¼ teaspoons Our Family salt
- 1 teaspoon Our Family ground black pepper
- ¾ teaspoon chopped fresh tarragon leaves
- 8 large Our Family eggs
- 1-⅔ cups Our Family whole milk
- 1 bag (20 ounces) refrigerated shredded hash browns
- 1 package (4 ounces) Mediterranean herb and garlic chévre cheese, crumbled
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Preheat oven to 325°. Generously spray 13 x 9-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. In large nonstick skillet, cook bacon over medium heat 10 minutes or until crisp. Transfer to paper towels to drain and cool. Discard most of bacon fat.
- Into same skillet, add onion and cook 5 minutes or until tender. Set aside 1/4 cup onion. To remaining onion in skillet, add mushrooms, and bell pepper, and cook 8 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Remove skillet from heat; stir in tomatoes, spinach, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and tarragon.
- In large bowl, mix eggs, milk, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. In medium bowl, mix hash browns, remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and reserved onion. Press hash browns onto bottom and up sides of baking dish. Evenly spread pepper-onion mixture over hash browns. Crumble bacon over pepper-onion mixture and top with cheese. Pour egg mixture into baking dish.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until center is set. Remove from oven; let stand 10 minutes. To serve, cut into squares and sprinkle with green onions.
Approximate nutritional values per serving:
288 Calories, 14g Fat (7g Saturated), 237mg Cholesterol, 546mg Sodium, 23g Carbohydrates, 16g Protein