Heart-shaped dessert, perfect for Valentine’s Day!
Heart-Shaped Berry Hand Pies
Prep: 5 minutes
Cook 30 minutes
- 1 package Our Family® Pie Crust
- 3 cups Our Family® Frozen Berry Blend, thawed
- 1/2 cup Our Family® Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 tsp. Our Family® Kosher Salt
- 1 tbsp. water
- 2 tsp. Our Family® Cornstarch
- 1 tsp. Our Family® Vanilla Extract
- 1 large Our Family® Egg, lightly beaten
- 4 oz. Our Family® Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup Our Family® White Chocolate, melted
- 1/2 cup Our Family® Powdered Sugar
- 4-5 tbsp. Our Family® Milk
- Red, white and pink sprinkles (optional)
- Roll out pie crusts and cut out 16 heart shapes. Transfer to a baking sheet and chill for 30 minutes.
- Combine berries, sugar, and salt in a saucepan set over medium heat. Bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes. In a small bowl, whisk together water and cornstarch until smooth.
Add cornstarch mixture to berries and cook for 2 minutes or until mixture thickens slightly. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract. Transfer mixture to refrigerator and chill for
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Lay 8 dough hearts on a parchment lined baking sheet. Place 1-2 tablespoons of berry filling into center of each dough heart. Top with remaining dough
hearts and crimp with a fork to seal. Use a sharp knife to cut a small vent on the top of each hand pie. Brush tops lightly with beaten egg and bake for 18-20 minutes or until dough is golden brown and filling is hot and bubbling. Transfer hand pies to a wire rack to cool completely before glazing.
- While pies bake, make glaze by beating together cream cheese, white chocolate and powdered sugar until smooth. Add milk a tablespoon at a time until glaze is thick but pourable. Glaze tops of pies and decorate with sprinkles if desired.
Submit your review