Make these delectable and adorable hearts for your loved ones this Valentine’s Day!
Heart-Shaped Strawberry Ice Cream “Cakes” with Chocolate Cookie Crust
Prep: 20 minutes plus cooling, freezing and standing
Bake: 5 minutes
- 4 (4-inch) oven-safe heart-shaped cookie cutters (at least 1-inch deep)
- Our Family® No Stick Cooking Spray
- 20 chocolate sandwich cookies
- 4 tbsp. Our Family® Unsalted Butter, melted
- 3 cups strawberry ice cream, softened
- 1/2 cup chopped strawberries
- 1 tsp. Our Family® Pure Granulated Sugar
- 2 tbsp. Our Family® Chocolate Flavored Syrup
- 1/4 cup Our Family® Extra Creamy Whipped Topping
- Preheat oven to 350°; line rimmed baking pan with parchment paper. Place cookie cutters on prepared pan; spray insides of cutters with cooking spray.
- In food processor, pulse cookies and butter until small crumbs remain; divide into cookie cutters, pressing with back of spoon to pack tightly. Bake crusts 5 minutes; cool completely on pan on wire rack.
- Divide ice cream into cutters over crusts; gently spread evenly to cover crusts. Freeze 1 hour or up to overnight until firm.
- In large bowl, stir strawberries and sugar; let stand 10 minutes. Makes about 1/2 cup.
- Run small knife around edges of cookie cutters to loosen; remove cookie cutters. Serve “cakes” drizzled with syrup, and topped with strawberry mixture and whipped topping.
Approximate nutritional values per serving (1 “cake,” 1/2 tablespoon syrup, 2 tablespoons strawberry mixture, 1 tablespoon whipped topping ): 772 Calories, 46g Fat, 25g Saturated Fat, 125mg Cholesterol, 305mg Sodium, 85g Carbohydrates, 3g Fiber, 64g Sugars, 60g Added Sugars, 8g Protein
Submit your review