Bring the taste of Italy to your family’s dinner table!
Prep: 30 minutes plus standing
Cook/Bake: 2 hours 53 minutes
- 3 tbsp. Our Family® Olive Oil
- 12 celery ribs, diced
- 1 large Open Acres® Yellow Onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 cans (28 oz. each) Our Family® Diced Tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cans (6 oz. each) Our Family® Tomato Paste
- 2 tbsp. Our Family® Granulated Sugar
- 2 tbsp. our Family® Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 tsp. Our Family® Italian Seasoning
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. Our Family® Kosher Salt
- 3⁄4 tsp. Our Family® Ground Black Pepper
- 1 package (16 oz.) Our Family® Lasagna
- 4 cups ricotta cheese
- 2 large Our Family® Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup Our Family® grated Parmesan and/or Romano cheese
- 6 tbsp. chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1⁄2 tsp. Our Family® Kosher Salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. Our Family® Ground Black Pepper
- Our Family® Nonstick Cooking Spray
- 1 lb. Our Family® Shredded Mozzarella Cheese (about 4 cups)
1. Prepare Sauce: In large saucepot, heat oil over medium heat. Add celery and onions, and cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add garlic and cook 2 minutes or until onions are tender, stirring occasionally. Add beef and cook 10 to 12 minutes or until browned. Stir in bay leaves, tomatoes with juice, tomato paste, sugar, vinegar and Italian seasoning. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and simmer 11⁄2 hours, stirring occasionally. Stir in salt and pepper. Remove bay leaves and cool slightly.
2. Meanwhile, prepare Filling: Prepare noodles as label directs; drain. In large bowl, stir ricotta, eggs, 1⁄2 cup Parmesan cheese, basil, parsley, salt and pepper until well combined.
3. Preheat oven to 350°. Spray 13 x 9-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Line bottom of prepared baking dish with 4 lasagna noodles, overlapping to fit. Spread 2 cups sauce over noodles and sprinkle with 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese and 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese. Repeat layer of noodles, sauce, and mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses, then evenly spread with ricotta mixture. Repeat layers of noodles, sauce, and mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses, ending with layer of noodles. Pour remaining sauce over noodles and top with remaining cheeses.
4. Cover tightly with foil. Bake 50 minutes. Remove foil and bake 15 to 20 minutes longer or until top is lightly browned. Let stand 30 minutes before cutting.
Approximate nutritional values per serving: 813 Calories, 51g Fat (23g Saturated), 173mg Cholesterol, 1701mg Sodium, 50g Carbohydrates, 5g Fiber, 43g Protein
Chef’s Tip: Lasagna may be assembled and refrigerated up to 2 days in advance. Cover lasagna with foil and bake at 350° 1 hour 15 minutes; remove foil and bake 15 to 20 minutes longer or until top is lightly browned. Lasagna may also be assembled, covered tightly with plastic wrap and frozen up to 2 months. Thaw lasagna completely before baking.
Submit your review