Homemade Spinach and Mushroom RavioliCook: 60 minutes Serves: 2
- 1/2 Cup Our Family®Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 2 tablespoons for boiling water
- 6 Ounces Open Acres® Sliced Baby Bella Mushrooms
- 1 & 1/2 Cup Open Acres®, Spinach, chopped and cooked down
- 1/4 Cup Mascarpone
- 1/3 Cup Our Family® Parmesan
- 6 Egg Roll Wrappers (6 1/2 by 6 1/2-inch squares)
- 1/2 Cup Shiitake Mushrooms, finely chopped
- 2 Cups Our Family®Tomato Sauce
- 1/2 tsp Our Family® Salt
- 1/4 tsp Our Family® Black Pepper
1. In large saute pan, heat 1/4 cup of olive oil. When almost smoking, add the mushrooms and season with salt and pepper. Cook until all liquid has evaporated from the mushrooms, about 6 minutes. Add spinach and cook for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and place mixture into a food processor. Pulse until a coarse texture is reached. Place in bowl and stir in mascarpone and Parmesan cheese. Set aside.
2. Line up 3 wrappers on cutting board. Brush with an egg and water mixture. Using a tablespoon, arrange 4 dollops of the filling on each wrapper. Place another wrapper directly on top, pressing around the filling to seal edges. Using a fluted ravioli cutter, cut out squares of ravioli. Each filled wrapper will create 4 portions of ravioli, giving you a total of 12 ravioli. Place ravioli onto a floured baking sheet and keep covered with a linen towel.
2. Spoon some of the romesco sauce on top of the white bean puree. Place the rest in a bowl to be served on the side.
3. In a large pot, bring to a boil 4 quarts of salted and oiled water. Carefully add small batches of ravioli, 3-4 at a time. This will prevent them from crowding in the pot and sticking together. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Remove the ravioli with strainer and place on plate. Cover with foil to keep warm and continue cooking remaining ravioli.
4. In a saute pan, heat remaining 1/4 cup olive oil. When almost smoking, add chopped mushrooms and saute until soft and most of the liquid has evaporated, 6-8 minutes. Carefully pour in tomato sauce and simmer for 5 minutes.
5. Divide ravioli between 2 serving plates. Top with mushroom tomato sauce, sprinkle with Parmesan, and enjoy!