Nothing warms the heart like ice-cold homemade ice cream!
Homemade Strawberry Ice Cream
Prep: 40 minutes plus chilling and freezing
Makes: about 1-½ quarts
- 1 package (16 ounces) fresh strawberries, hulled and finely chopped
- 1-¼ cups Our Family granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1-½ teaspoons Our Family vanilla extract
- ⅛ teaspoon Our Family salt
- 2 cups Our Family whole milk
- 1 cup Our Family heavy cream
1. In large bowl, combine strawberries, sugar, lemon juice, vanilla extract, and salt. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
2. Stir milk and cream into berry mixture until well combined. Transfer berry mixture to 1 ½- to 2-quart ice cream maker bowl and churn as manufacturer directs, about 25 minutes or until mixture is thickened to soft serve consistency. If not serving right away, transfer ice cream to an airtight container; cover with plastic wrap, then seal. Freeze up to 3 days.
Approximate nutritional values per serving: 187 Calories, 9g Fat (5g Saturated), 33mg Cholesterol, 50mg Sodium, 26g Carbohydrates, 2g Protein