These quick and simple grilled mesquite ribs will taste like you slow-cooked them for hours!
“Hoot-n-Holler” Baby Back Pork Ribs
Prep: 45 minutes • Cook: 30 minutes
- 1 cup Our Family barbecue sauce
- 1 jar (12 oz.) mesquite-flavored marinade
- 1 medium onion, peeled
- ½ cup Our Family brown sugar
- 2 racks baby back pork ribs (around 1-½ pounds per rack)
- 3 bay leaves
- In a large stockpot, place both racks of ribs; add enough water to cover ribs. Add marinade, bay leaves and onion. Bring mixture to a boil over high heat. (This will create foam on top.)
- Reduce to medium-low heat; simmer 45 minutes or until ribs are just tender. Remove ribs from cooking liquid; drain on rimmed baking sheet. Heat grill to medium heat (about 350° F.)
- Meanwhile, in a small mixing bowl, stir together the barbecue sauce and brown sugar. Brush over both sides of ribs.
- Place ribs on grill, bone side down, close lid. Grill for 7 minutes, turn and grill 7 minutes more.
Approximate nutritional values per serving:
577 Calories, 41g Fat (15g Saturated), 137mg Cholesterol, 1037mg Sodium, 22g Carbohydrates, 28g Protein
Recipe and photo courtesy of the National Pork Board, http://www.pork.org.