They will be the star appetizer at your party!
Hummus-Stuffed Cherry Tomatoes
Prep: 30 minutes plus standing
Makes: about 40 tomatoes
- 2 packages (10 oz. each) cherry tomatoes
- 1 container (10 oz.) Open Acres® Refrigerated Hummus
- Chopped fresh parsley leaves for garnish
- Our Family Paprika for garnish (optional)
1. With sharp knife, trim off about 8-inch-thick slice from stem end of tomatoes. With 1⁄4 teaspoon measuring spoon, grapefruit spoon or melon baller, carefully scoop out pulp and seeds from tomatoes making sure bottom and side of tomatoes are intact. Place tomatoes, cut side down, on paper towel-lined cookie sheet; let stand 10 minutes to drain.
2. Fill tomatoes with 1 heaping teaspoon hummus and place on serving platter. Sprinkle with parsley and paprika, if desired. If not serving right away, cover and refrigerate up to 2 hours.
Approximate nutritional values per serving (4 tomatoes): 58 Calories, 3g Fat (0g Saturated), 0mg Cholesterol, 112mg Sodium, 6g Carbohydrates, 2g Fiber, 3g Protein
Chef’s Tip: For a caterer’s touch, add hummus to small pastry bag fitted with a small star tip; pipe hummus into tomatoes. If you don’t have a pastry bag and star tip, place hummus in large zip-top plastic bag and snip off a bottom corner.
Submit your review