Flavorful, easy, and one dish meal!
Instant Pot® Chicken Tikka Masala
Prep: 15 minutes plus pressurizing and standing
Cook: 34 minutes
- 1 tbsp. Our Family® Vegetable Oil
- 1 lb. Open Acres® Boneless, Skinless Chicken Thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped Open Acres® White Onion
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 jar (15 oz.) tikka masala simmer sauce
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) Our Family® Diced Tomatoes
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro plus additional for garnish (optional)
- 1 cup Our Family® Long Grain White Rice
- In 5-quart Instant Pot, heat oil on Sauté-Normal. Add chicken, onion, salt and pepper; cook 9 minutes or until starting to brown, stirring occasionally. Stir in sauce and tomatoes with their juice, scraping browned bits from bottom of pot with wooden spoon. Place lid on Instant Pot and close pressure valve to seal; pressure cook on high 25 minutes. Quick release pressure; let stand 5 minutes before removing lid. Stir in cilantro. Makes about 4 cups.
- Prepare rice as label directs. Makes about 3 cups.
- Serve chicken mixture over rice garnished with cilantro, if desired.
Approximate nutritional values per serving (1 cup chicken mixture, 3/4 cup rice): 499 Calories, 19g Fat, 4g Saturated Fat, 79mg Cholesterol, 773mg Sodium, 52g Carbohydrates, 3g Fiber, 6g Sugars, 2g Added Sugars, 27g Protein
Chef’s Tip: For a vegetarian meal, swap chicken with diced sweet potatoes and pressure cook on high 20 minutes.
Submit your review