Use your Instant Pot® to make homemade Gyros!
Instant Pot® Gyros
Prep: 15 minutes plus pressurizing and standing
Pressure Cook: 20 minutes
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless top sirloin steak, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon Greek seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Our Family® Olive Oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup Our Family® Beef Stock
- 1/2 cup finely chopped English cucumber
- 1/2 cup Our Family® Nonfat Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon Our Family® Lemon Juice
- 4 thin pita bread rounds
- 1 large Roma tomato, chopped
- 1/2 small white onion, thinly sliced
1. In 5-quart Instant Pot, stir steak, half the garlic, seasoning, oil, salt and pepper; add stock. Place lid on Instant Pot and close pressure valve to seal; pressure cook on high 20 minutes. Quick release pressure; let stand 10 minutes before removing lid.
2. In medium bowl, stir cucumber, yogurt, dill, lemon juice and remaining garlic. Makes about 1 cup.
3. Tear 4 (12-inch) squares aluminum foil. Spread 1 side of each pita bread with yogurt mixture; top with steak mixture, tomato and onion. Roll pita around fillings to enclose; wrap tightly in foil.
Approximate nutritional values per serving (1 pita): 550 Calories, 24g Fat, 8g Saturated Fat, 127mg Cholesterol, 954mg Sodium, 36g Carbohydrates, 2g Fiber, 3g Sugars, 1g Added Sugars, 46g Protein
Chef’s Tip: To thinly slice steaks, freeze 20 minutes before slicing.
Submit your review