A piece of island life at your dinner table!
Island Grilled Beef
Prep: 10 minutes plus marinating and standing
Grill: 12 minutes
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1⁄4 cup diced Open Acres yellow onion
- 1⁄4 cup Our Family olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup Our Family pineapple juice
- 6 tablespoons Our Family soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons Our Family brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons peeled and finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Our Family ground black pepper
- 2 boneless beef loin sirloin or flank steaks
- In blender, purée all ingredients, except steaks. Place steaks in large zip-top plastic bag; pour juice mixture into bag. Seal bag, pressing out excess air. Massage ingredients in bag to combine. Refrigerate at least 4 hours or up to 12 hours to marinate.
- Prepare outdoor grill for direct grilling over medium heat. Remove steaks from marinade; reserve marinade. Place steaks on hot grill rack and cook 12 to 14 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 145° for medium-rare, turning once halfway through cooking and basting occasionally with reserved marinade. Transfer steaks to cutting board; let stand 5 minutes. Thinly slice steaks diagonally across the grain to serve. Discard any remaining marinade.
Approximate nutritional values per serving: 276 Calories, 16g Fat (6g Saturated), 71mg Cholesterol, 456mg Sodium, 3g Carbohydrates, 1g Fiber, 28g Protein