The perfect filling meal that’s easy to make!
Italian Chicken Rice Bowls
Prep: 10 minutes plus cooling
Cook: 40 minutes
- 2/3 cup Our Family® Brown Rice
- 2 tbsp. Italian vinaigrette
- 1 tbsp. Our Family® Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Our Family® Breadcrumbs
- 1 cup shredded Open Acres® Rotisserie Chicken
- 1 cup no sugar added tomato basil pasta sauce
- 1/2 cup Our Family® Shredded Low-Moisture Part-Skim Milk Mozzarella Cheese
- Chopped fresh basil for garnish (optional)
- Prepare rice as label directs; transfer to large bowl and cool completely. Add vinaigrette; toss. Makes about 2 cups.
- In large skillet, heat oil over medium heat; add breadcrumbs and cook 2 minutes or until golden brown, stirring frequently. Transfer breadcrumbs to plate; cool.
- Divide rice mixture into 4 bowls; top with 1/2 cup pasta sauce, chicken, remaining 1/2 cup pasta sauce and cheese. Sprinkle bowls with breadcrumbs; garnish with basil, if desired.
Approximate nutritional values per serving (1 bowl): 323 Calories, 13g Fat, 4g Saturated Fat, 40mg Cholesterol, 598mg Sodium, 34g Carbohydrates, 4g Fiber, 3g Sugars, 0g Added Sugars, 16g Protein
Chef’s Tip: If packing for lunch, wrap breadcrumbs separately and sprinkle over bowl just before serving. For a complete lunch box meal, include Our Family® 100% juice fruit cups.
Submit your review