Keep cool this summer with this zesty pasta salad.
Lemon-Basil Pasta Salad
Prep: 15 minutes plus chilling • Cook: 7 minutes
- 1 box (12 ounces) tri-color penne rigate pasta
- 1 can (14 ounces) Our Family quartered artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely dropped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- ½ cup drained and chopped roasted red peppers
- ⅓ cup Our Family shredded Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil leaves plus additional for garnish
- ¼ cup coarsely chopped pitted kalamata olives
- 3 tablespoons drained and chopped sun-dried tomatoes with herbs in oil plus 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- ½ teaspoon Our Family salt
- ½ teaspoon Our Family black pepper
- Heat large covered saucepot of salted water to boiling over high heat. Add pasta and cook as label directs, drain. Rinse pasta under cold water and drain.
- In large bowl, toss pasta with remaining ingredients until well blended. Cover and refrigerate at least 3 hours or up to 2 days. Serve garnished with basil.
Approximate nutritional values per serving:
315 Calories, 10g Fat (1g Saturated), 3mg Cholesterol, 600mg Sodium, 48g Carbohydrates, 11g Protein