This healthy meal for two is perfect for a dine-at-home date night!
Lemon-Pepper Chicken with Grains & Broccoli
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 10 minutes
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- ½ teaspoon Our Family® Garlic Powder
- ½ teaspoon Our Family® Salt
- ¾ teaspoon Our Family® Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Our Family® Large Egg
- 2 Open Acres Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts, cut into 1-inch-thick strips
- 1½ tablespoons Our Family® Extra Light Tasting Olive Oil
- 1 pouch (8.8 ounces) Full Circle Market™ Brown Rice & Red Quinoa
- ½ cup Our Family® Chicken Stock
- 1¼ cup broccoli florets
- 1 tablespoon Our Family® 100% Lemon Juice from Concentrate
- ¼ cup Our Family® Sliced Almonds for garnish (optional)
1. In wide, shallow dish, whisk flour, garlic powder, ¼ teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon pepper. In separate wide, shallow bowl, whisk egg. In large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Dip chicken in egg to coat, shaking off excess, then dredge in flour to coat, shaking off excess; add to skillet. Reduce heat to medium and cook 7 minutes or until golden brown and internal temperature reaches 165°, turning once; transfer to plate.
2. Prepare rice-quinoa blend in microwave oven as label directs. Makes about 1½ cups.
3. In same skillet, heat stock to a boil over high heat; add broccoli. Reduce heat to medium; cook 3 minutes or until broccoli is tender-crisp, stirring frequently. Stir in lemon juice, rice-quinoa blend, and remaining ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Makes about 2 cups.
4. Serve chicken over rice-quinoa mixture garnished with almonds, if desired.
Approximate nutritional values per serving (1 chicken breast, 1 cup rice mixture): 599 Calories, 28g Fat (4g Saturated), 157mg Cholesterol, 708mg Sodium, 50g Carbohydrates, 8g Fiber, 2g Sugars, 40g Protein