When you’re craving a traditional meal, but don’t want to eat the traditional calories!
Lighter Beef Stroganoff
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 18 minutes
- 1⁄2 (16 oz.) package whole wheat fettuccine or linguine
- 1 tsp. Our Family® Olive Oil
- 1 1⁄4 lbs. top sirloin steak, cut crosswise into 1⁄4-inch-thick slices
- 1 small Open Acres® Yellow Onion, chopped
- 12 oz. sliced Our Family® White Mushrooms
- 1 cup less-sodium beef broth
- 1 tbsp. Our Family® Dijon Mustard
- 3⁄4 tsp. Our Family® Kosher Salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. Our Family® Ground Black Pepper
- 2 tbsp. Our Family® All-Purpose Flour
- 3⁄4 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- Heat large covered saucepot of salted water to boiling over high heat. Add fettuccine and cook as label directs. Drain fettuccine, then return to saucepot.
- In large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium- high heat. Add beef and cook 3 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring occasionally. With slotted spoon, transfer beef to small bowl.
- In same skillet, cook onion over medium heat 2 to 3 minutes or until onion is tender. Add mushrooms and cook 5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low. Stir in 3⁄4 cup broth, mustard, salt, pepper and beef, and cook 5 minutes. In cup, whisk together flour and remaining 1⁄4 cup broth. Increase heat to medium and stir in flour mixture; cook 1 minute. Reduce heat to low. Stir in yogurt and cook 1 minute or until heated through. Add beef mixture to fettuccine and toss to combine.
Approximate nutritional values per serving: 412 Calories, 8g Fat (18% of total calories), 2g Saturated Fat, (4% of total calories), 69mg Cholesterol, 466mg Sodium, 55g Carbohydrates, 8g Fiber, 35g Protein
Submit your review