Fresh tasting, juicy, delicious Chicken for any summertime dinner!
Prep: 20 minutes plus marinating
Grill: 20 minutes
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup Our Family apricot preserves
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 4 teaspoons Our Family less-sodium soy sauce
- 4 boneless, Open Acres skinless chicken breasts (about 1 1⁄2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons packed Our Family light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Our Family pineapple juice
- 1 tablespoon Our Family apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 cup diced nectarines
- 1 cup diced plums
- 1⁄2 cup pitted and chopped sweet cherries
- Chopped fresh cilantro leaves for garnish (optional)
1. In small bowl, whisk together garlic, preserves, lime juice and soy sauce. Set aside 1⁄2 cup apricot mixture. Place chicken in large zip-top plastic bag; pour remaining apricot mixture over chicken. Seal bag; refrigerate 1 to 2 hours to marinate.
2. In medium bowl, mix brown sugar, pineapple juice, vinegar and allspice. Add nectarines, plums and cherries; toss to combine. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
3. Prepare outdoor grill for direct grilling over medium heat. Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade. Place chicken on hot grill rack and cook 18 to 20 minutes or until chicken loses its pink color throughout and internal temperature reaches 165°, brushing chicken occasionally with reserved apricot mixture and turning once halfway through cooking. To serve, spoon fruit mixture over chicken and sprinkle with cilantro, if desired.
Chef Tip Additional fruits that also work well in this dish are peaches, apricots and mangoes.
Approximate nutritional values per serving: 474 Calories, 11g Fat (21% of total calories), 3g Saturated Fat (6% of total calories), 73mg Cholesterol, 306mg Sodium, 73g Carbohydrates, 3g Fiber, 26g Protein