A great side to a wonderful fall dinner!
Maple-Roasted Acorn Squash
Prep: 25 minutes
Roast: 1 hour
- 4 medium acorn squash
- 3⁄4 teaspoon Our Family kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Our Family ground black pepper
- 8 tablespoons Our Family pure maple syrup
- 4 tablespoons Our Family butter
- 4 tablespoons Our Family packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh thyme leave
1. Preheat oven to 450°. Cut each squash in half through stem end; remove and discard seeds. Place squash, cavity side up, in large rimmed baking pan and add 1⁄4-inch water to pan; sprinkle squash with salt and pepper.
2. Place 1 tablespoon syrup, 1⁄2 tablespoon butter and 1⁄2 tablespoon brown sugar into each squash cavity. Sprinkle squash with herbs. Roast squash 1 hour or until very tender and golden brown, basting frequently with syrup inside cavities.
Approximate nutritional values per serving: 206 Calories, 6g Fat (4g Saturated), 16mg Cholesterol, 174mg Sodium, 40g Carbohydrates, 3g Fiber, 2g Protein