Add bacon and cheddar to your mashed potatoes for a delicious, decadent twist on a comfort food classic!
Mashed Potatoes with Bacon & Cheddar
Prep: 25 minutes
Cook: 25 minutes
- 3 lbs. Open Acres® Yukon Gold Potatoes (about 8 medium), unpeeled and cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1 container (8 oz.) Our Family® Sour Cream
- ½ cup Our Family® Unsalted Butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 tsp. Our Family® Salt
- ⅛ tsp. Our Family® Ground Black Pepper
- 2 cups Our Family® Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 package (2.1 oz.) Our Family® Fully Cooked Bacon, coarsely chopped
- Fresh parsley leaves for garnish (optional)
- In large covered saucepot, add potatoes and enough salted water to cover; heat to boiling over high heat. Simmer, uncovered, 15 minutes or until potatoes are fork-tender.
- Drain potatoes well, then return to saucepot. Add sour cream, butter, salt and pepper. With hand mixer at medium-low speed, beat potatoes 2 to 3 minutes or until light and ﬂuﬀy and few lumps remain; do not over mix. Fold in cheese and bacon. Garnish with parsley, if desired.
Approximate nutritional values per serving: 460 Calories, 30g Fat (18g Saturated), 80mg Cholesterol, 588mg Sodium, 32g Carbohydrates, 14g Protein
Submit your review