Add bacon and cheddar to your mashed potatoes for a delicious, decadent twist on a comfort food classic!
Mashed Potatoes with Bacon & Cheddar
Prep: 25 minutes • Cook: 25 minutes
- 3 pounds Yukon gold potatoes (about 8 medium), unpeeled and cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1 container (8 ounces) Our Family sour cream
- ½ cup Our Family unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 teaspoon Our Family salt
- ⅛ teaspoon Our Family ground black pepper
- 2 cups Our Family shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 package (2.1 ounces) fully cooked bacon, coarsely chopped
- Fresh parsley leaves for garnish (optional)
- In large covered saucepot, add potatoes and enough salted water to cover; heat to boiling over high heat. Simmer, uncovered, 15 minutes or until potatoes are fork-tender.
- Drain potatoes well, then return to saucepot. Add sour cream, butter, salt and pepper. With hand mixer at medium-low speed, beat potatoes 2 to 3 minutes or until light and ﬂuﬀy and few lumps remain; do not over mix. Fold in cheese and bacon. Garnish with parsley, if desired.
Approximate nutritional values per serving:
460 Calories, 30g Fat (18g Saturated), 80mg Cholesterol, 588mg Sodium, 32g Carbohydrates, 14g Protein