The best dang sandwich you will eat!
- Our Family Nonstick cooking spray
- 3⁄4 pound ground chuck
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 large Our Family eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup Our Family finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup Our Family quick oats
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh Italian parsley leaves
- 3⁄4 teaspoon Our Family crushed oregano
- 3⁄4 teaspoon our Family kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Our Family ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced green and/or red bell peppers
- 1 cup sliced Open Acres yellow onion
- 1 can or jar (14 to 15 ounces) Our Family pizza sauce
- 4 (6-inch) hoagie or sub buns
- 1⁄2 cup Our Family shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray rimmed baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. In large bowl, gently mix ground chuck, garlic, eggs, 1⁄4 cup Parmesan cheese, oats, green onions, parsley, oregano, salt and pepper. Form meat mixture into 16 meatballs, about 1 1⁄2 inches each, and place on prepared pan. Bake meatballs 30 minutes or until browned and internal temperature reaches 155°.
- Meanwhile, spray large nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Cook bell peppers and onion over medium-high heat 5 to 6 minutes or until peppers are crisp-tender and lightly browned.
- In medium saucepot, heat pizza sauce over medium-low heat 3 to 5 minutes or until hot. Add cooked meatballs and stir to coat meatballs with sauce.
- Slice buns lengthwise in half but do not cut all the way through buns. Spoon meatballs and sauce into each bun. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and remaining 1⁄4 cup Parmesan cheese; evenly divide pepper-onion mixture over cheese.
Chef Tip Prepare and bake a double batch of meatballs for ready-to-go heros. Cool extra meatballs, place in large zip-top plastic bag and freeze. Thaw meatballs before warming with sauce.
Approximate nutritional values per serving: 594 Calories, 29g Fat (11g Saturated), 188mg Cholesterol, 1465mg Sodium, 54g Carbohydrates, 4g Fiber, 34g Protein