For all of the veggie lovers!
Mediterranean Veggie Sandwich
Prep: 20 minutes
- 1 jar (6.5 ounces) marinated artichoke hearts
- 1 garlic clove, crushed with press
- 2 tablespoons Our Family extra virgin olive oil
- 1 loaf (16 ounces) French baguette, cut lengthwise in half
- 8 slices Our Family provolone cheese
- 1⁄2 small Open Acres red onion, very thinly sliced (about 1⁄2 cup)
- 1/3 cup sliced roasted red peppers
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped pitted kalamata olives
- 2 Roma tomatoes, sliced
- 12 large basil leaves
1. Pour 2 tablespoons artichoke marinade into small bowl; stir in garlic and oil. Drain remaining marinade from artichokes; coarsely chop artichokes. Brush cut sides of bread with oil mixture.
2. Layer bottom half of loaf with cheese, onion, artichokes, red peppers, olives, tomatoes and basil. Place top half of loaf over fillings. Cut sandwich crosswise into 4 sandwiches.
Approximate nutritional values per serving: 630 Calories, 30g Fat (11g Saturated), 39mg Cholesterol, 1570mg Sodium, 67g Carbohydrates, 5g Fiber, 25g Protein
Chef Tip: Additional filling suggestions: capers, goat cheese, arugula or spinach leaves and/or chopped sun-dried tomatoes in oil.