Warm and filling this dish brings a little bit of extra heat to the dinner table!
Mexican Meatball Casserole
Prep: 20 minutes
Bake: 55 minutes
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 bag (48 oz.) Our Family® Homestyle Beef & Pork Meatballs
- 1 can (15 oz.) Our Family® Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) Mexican-style canned tomatoes
- 1 can (7 oz.) Our Family® Diced Green Chiles, drained
- 1 medium white onion, chopped
- 1 cup Our Family® Frozen Corn, thawed
- 1 cup Our Family® Traditional Pasta Sauce
- 1 tbsp. Our Family® Chili Powder
- 1 cup Our Family® Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 cup Our Family® Shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
- 1 cup Our Family® Sour Cream
- 2 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1/2 cup drained Our Family® Sliced Pitted Olives
- 1 large avocado, peeled, pitted and chopped
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 350°; spray 13 x 9-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, toss meatballs, beans, tomatoes with their juice, chiles, onion, corn, pasta sauce and chili powder; spread in prepared dish and cover tightly with aluminum foil. Bake casserole 40 minutes; remove foil. Sprinkle casserole with cheeses; bake 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and internal temperature of meatballs reaches 160°. Makes about 10 cups.
- Serve casserole topped with sour cream, lettuce, olives, avocado and cilantro.
Approximate nutritional values per serving (1 1/4 cups): 642 Calories, 37g Fat, 16g Saturated Fat, 174mg Cholesterol, 1519mg Sodium, 37g Carbohydrates, 6g Fiber, 10g Sugars, 1g Added Sugars, 41g Protein
Submit your review