Bring the taste of Cuba to your dinner table!
Mojo Pork, Chicken & Shrimp Fajitas
Prep: 30 minutes plus marinating
Grill: 18 minutes
- 6 green onions, coarsely chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup Our Family® Orange Juice
- 3⁄4 cup Our Family® Olive Oil
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 3 tbsp. coarsely chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 tbsp. Our Family® Ground Oregano
- 2 tsp. Our Family® Cumin
- 1⁄2 tsp. Our Family® Hot Sauce
- 1 lb. Open Acres® Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1 lb. pork tenderloin, sliced 1⁄2-inch-thick
- 1 lb. 36-40 count raw peeled and deveined Open Acres® Shrimp
- 2 green, orange and/or red bell peppers, sliced
- 2 medium Open Acres® Red Onions, sliced
- 3 tsp. Our Family® Salt
- 2 1⁄2 tsp. Our Family® Ground Black Pepper
- 12 (6-inch) flour tortillas
- Toppings: shredded lettuce, shredded Mexican cheese blend, diced tomatoes, guacamole, sour cream, salsa, chopped cilantro, lime wedges (optional)
1. In blender, combine green onions, garlic, orange juice, all but 3 tablespoons oil, lime juice, cilantro, oregano, cumin and hot sauce. Blend until all ingredients are finely chopped and well combined.
2. Place chicken, pork and shrimp in separate large zip-top plastic bags. Evenly pour marinade into each bag. Seal bags, pressing out excess air. Massage ingredients in bags to combine. Refrigerate 2 to 4 hours to marinate.
3. Cover grill rack with aluminum foil; with fork, poke several holes in foil. Prepare outdoor grill for direct grilling over medium-high heat. In large bowl, toss bell peppers, red onions, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon pepper and remaining 3 tablespoons oil. Remove meats and shrimp from marinade; discard marinade; sprinkle with remaining 2 teaspoons salt and 11⁄2 teaspoons pepper.
4. Place shrimp on 1 side of foil-covered grill rack and bell pepper mixture on other side. Cover and cook shrimp 4 to 5 minutes or until shrimp turn opaque throughout and reach an internal temperature of 145°. Remove shrimp from grill; keep warm. Stir bell pepper mixture and cook 4 to 5 minutes longer or until just tender; remove from grill and keep warm.
Remove foil from grill rack. Place chicken and pork on hot grill rack. Cover and cook chicken 10 to 12 minutes or until chicken loses its pink color throughout and internal temperature reaches 165°; cook pork 6 to 8 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 145°, turning chicken and pork once. Transfer chicken and pork to cutting board; let stand 5 minutes.
5. On microwave-safe plate, place tortillas between 2 damp paper towels; heat in microwave oven on high 35 to 45 seconds or until tortillas are warmed.
6. Thinly slice chicken and pork; transfer to large platter with shrimp. Place bell pepper mixture and toppings, if desired, in separate serving bowls and serve with warmed tortillas.
Approximate nutritional values per serving: 544 Calories, 19g Fat (4g Saturated), 156mg Cholesterol, 1713mg Sodium, 49g Carbohydrates, 5g Fiber, 42g Protein
Submit your review