A classic turkey for your classic Thanksgiving!
Mom’s Fabulous Turkey
Prep: 45 minutes plus standing
Roast: 3 hours 15 minutes
Serves: 10 to 12
- 1 lb. Our Family® Butter, softened
- 10 sprigs fresh thyme, leaves finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary, leaves finely chopped
- 2 medium shallots, finely chopped
- 4 tbsp. finely chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 2 tbsp. white wine
- 1 tbsp. Our Family® Kosher Salt
- 1 tbsp. Our Family® Ground Black Pepper
- 1 tsp. white pepper
- 1 (12- to 14-lb.) Open Acres® Fresh Turkey, neck and giblets removed
- Our Family Kosher® salt and Our Family® Ground Black Pepper, to taste
- 3 cups Our Family® Chicken Broth
1. Preheat oven to 425°. In medium bowl, combine all herb butter ingredients.
2. Rinse turkey under cold water; drain and pat dry with paper towels. Place turkey, breast side up, on cutting board. Lightly sprinkle inside turkey cavity with salt. Using your fingers, gently separate the breast skin from the breast meat, being careful not to puncture the skin. Carefully spread half of the herb butter mixture under the skin, moving along the entire breast.
3. Place turkey, breast side up, in large roasting pan. Add chicken broth to pan; sprinkle outside of turkey with salt and pepper. Tent turkey with heavy-duty aluminum foil. Roast turkey 45 minutes. Baste turkey with broth in pan. Reduce temperature to 325°. Roast turkey 2 1⁄2 to 3 hours longer or until thermometer inserted into thickest part of thigh reads 165o, rotating turkey halfway through roasting time and basting occasionally. During last half hour of roasting, remove aluminum foil and apply remaining herb butter mixture to outside of turkey. Transfer turkey from roasting pan to cutting board. Let stand 20 minutes before carving.
Approximate nutritional values per serving: 784 Calories, 2g Carbohydrates, 75g Protein, 51g Fat (22g Saturated), 342mg Cholesterol, 1157mg Sodium, 1g Fiber
Submit your review