Cook this recipe with your child for an engaging and tasty bonding activity!
One-Pot Enchilada Bowls
Prep: 20 minutes
Cook: 40 minutes
- 1 tbsp. Our Family® Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Open Acres® Open Acres Shredded Carrots
- 1 sweet onion
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tsp. Our Family® Garlic Powder
- 1 tbsp. Our Family® Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Our Family® Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 cups Our Family® Brown Rice
- 1 can Our Family® Black Beans, drained
- 1 can Our Family® Sweet Corn
- 1 cup Our Family® Extra Sharp White Cheddar, shredded
- 1 can Our Family® Diced Tomatoes
- 1 can Red Enchilada Sauce
- 1/2 cup Our Family® Sour Cream or plain Greek yogurt
1. Together: Prepare ingredients (open cans, drain beans, wash and chop onion, pepper, and cilantro)
Adult: Heat oil in large pot over medium heat.
2. Together: Add carrot, onion, and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, 3-4 minutes, or until softened.
Kid: Add chili powder, garlic powder, and salt. Stir.
3. Together: Add rice and 3 ½ cups cold water. Increase heat to high and bring to a boil. Stir well.
Adult: Reduce to low and cover. Cook, covered, 16-18 minutes, or until rice is tender.
4. Together: Stir in beans, corn, and 1 cup cheese. Allow to heat through 1-2 minutes.
Together: Spoon into bowls.
Kid: Top with enchilada sauce, remaining cheese, tomatoes, Greek yogurt, and cilantro
Submit your review